There are morning people, and then there's everyone else. You might be the kind of girl who's up at 5 a.m. and halfway through her morning jog before everyone else is awake. A true morning person has a routine, which involves painstaking preparation: she lays out her outfit, purse, and coffee supplies the night before, portions out ingredients for her daily kale smoothie, takes an extra five minutes to set her intentions for the day, and leaves the house calm and collected. If you're the other kind of girl, your morning "routine" is a bit more... adventurous. Think: throwing off your blankets in a frenzy, sending your alarm clock sailing clear across the room, and generally running around as if your bathroom robe is on fire.
If you're like many people, you might see yourself in both of these descriptions. In truth, morning is a precious time that can be as blissful or as insane as you make it — and because we understand both sides of you, we’re here to help.
We've partnered with Dunkin' Donuts at Home to bring you some essential health, beauty, and fashion tips to get you out of bed, up and at 'em, and out the door in no time — no matter how many times you press snooze.
If You Have 10 Minutes...
Bleary-eyed, hair a mess, grabbing desperately for caffeine — we feel you. This is just about every morning for us. But don’t worry, we can help. Unfortunately, you probably don’t have those little birds from Cinderella to help you pick out your outfit, but we do have some killer tips to get you ready and looking fabulous in no time.
- Set your alarm to your favorite song instead of the typical iPhone jingle. Waking up is hard to do, but it’s easier when Taylor Swift is telling you to do it.
- You don’t have time to stop for coffee; plus, making it at home is better on your wallet. Brew up an easy, delicious coffee using Dunkin' Donuts K-CUP® pods and your favorite fix-ins.
- Look (and possibly feel) awake by putting frozen spoons on your eyes for a minute or two. This hack will reduce puffiness and give you that bright-eyed look.
- Grab your quick make-ahead granola and yogurt parfait. (All you had to do the night before was spoon some yogurt, granola, and a few juicy blueberries into a mason jar, and you look like a breakfast diva.)
- Dry shampoo is every girl’s best friend. Pick your favorite kind depending on hair color and texture, and work some in to keep your hair shiny and healthy even without that morning wash. It’s better not to wash it every day, anyway!
- Quickly apply a highlighter on the high part of your cheekbones or other areas you want to accentuate, paired with your usual quick makeup routine. Bonus? Accentuating with some bright lipstick, which makes any outfit look out together.
- Lay your clothes out the night before (kind of like Cher from Clueless, but without the computer system) so you can wake up right before you have to go and STILL look runway-ready.
- Rock a top knot hairstyle. Your hair will be tamed and no one will know you just woke up.
If You Have 30 Minutes...
OK, not bad. You’re awake in enough time to grab a decent breakfast, a shower, and maybe even sneak in a five-minute workout before you have to head to that thing that pays off your student loans (aka, your job). We’ve got you covered with these tips to have you showing up looking pretty, peppy, and well-fed until it’s time to go home and live your life (or just watch Netflix).
- We both know you’re not breaking out the steamer or iron today. Hang that wrinkled blouse in the bathroom as you shower to quick steam it and no one will know you got up a half hour ago.
- Do one of these five-minute workout routines: you’ll feel better about yourself all day and have bragging rights over your comparatively sloth-like coworkers.
- Make yourself a nice drip coffee in your favorite flavor. Get brownie points by sharing the pot with your roommates or significant other. Add a little cinnamon for an extra kick.
- These bacon egg tarts are so easy -- and packed with protein. You can make them the night before or in the morning on the way to work. Plus, you can make a bunch at a time and they’ll last you all week.
- Put your hair up in one of these chic, work-perfect hairstyles that only take three simple steps and watch the compliments come rolling in.
- Keep some frozen fruit on hand in the fridge, and toss it in your water bottle with some ice for the day. Your water will taste better -- and you'll get added vitamins.
If You Have 60 Minutes...
Look at you, you goddess of the sunrise, you champion of the alarm clock, you Khaleesi of the commute. You’ve gotten up an HOUR before you need to be at work. As your reward, everything the light touches is your kingdom — and you get to have pour-over coffee.
- Indulge in a slow, sweet pour-over that hits all the right notes when it comes to flavors. Trust us: it's worth it.
- Prefer cold drinks and smoothies? We’ve got a treat for you. Get wild and indulge with a thick, creamy (but healthy) coffee smoothie instead of your typical fruity breakfast treat.
- Do yoga. This is not a joke. Indulging 10 minutes of "me" time will transform your entire day and give you a completely open mindset.
- Exfoliate in the shower with an antioxidant coffee grind scrub. This homemade recipe wakes you up and leaves your skin clean, bright, and refreshed.
- Cook up a quick veggie omelet to feel full and healthy for your day.
- Shape and fill those brows. We all know this look is on trend right now, and you have the time to do it this morning. Putting your best face forward is never a bad move.
- Accessorize with a funky scarf or jewelry you don’t normally pair with your outfit. The added creative touch to your ensemble will give you an extra burst of energy at work based on vibes alone.
- Do a morning affirmation. Thinking positive thoughts about your day right when you wake up can be a powerful push on your mind to stay happy for the rest of the day.
- Read an article or a short chapter in a book that’s interesting to you -- and not for work. Calming your mind and focusing rather than reaching for your phone will leave you ready to be tranquil and engaged in whatever you have to do all day long.
This post is sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts at Home.
Images: Dawn Foster / Bustle (1); Cora Fox / Bustle (2)