Do you spend a majority of your day posting and scrolling on Instagram? If so, then these Fourth of July quotes for Instagram will come in quite handy with this upcoming holiday. These quotes are authored by some of the most famous faces in the United State of America, including Benjamin Franklin, Daniel Webster, Ralph Waldo Emerson, John F. Kennedy, and Thomas Wolfe. While penned by many different individuals, all of these Fourth of July quotes touch on the topic of freedom and what it means to be a United States citizen.
Spend some time this Fourth of July reading through these patriotic quotes and remembering how great America and its citizens really are, from the founders of the country to all those who have fought for it over the centuries. If a specific quote sticks out to you, then pair it with your Jul. 4 celebration photo and share it on Instagram with your friends and family. Freedom is a priceless thing — so spread the feels!
1. "America... it is the only place where miracles not only happen, but where they happen all the time." — Thomas Wolfe
2. "Where liberty dwells, there is my country." — Benjamin Franklin
3. "May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country" — Daniel Webster
4. "Life without liberty is like a body without spirit." — Kahlil Gibran
5. "From every mountainside let freedom ring." — Samuel F. Smith
6. "For what avail the plough or sail, or land or life, if freedom fail?" — Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." — Hamilton Fish
8. "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty." — John F. Kennedy
9. "Let freedom never perish in your hands." — Joseph Addison
10. "America is much more than a geographical fact. It is a political and moral fact — the first community in which men set out in principle to institutionalize freedom, responsible government, and human equality." — Adlai Stevenson
11. "You cannot conquer America." — William Pitt
12. "Independence now and forever!" — Daniel Webster
Images: Elena Zaretskaya/Moment/Getty Images; Giphy