Want to write for Bustle? Read on for our general pitching guidelines, as well as current needs for our Lifestyle, Fashion and Beauty, and Entertainment verticals. Please only send pitches; do not send full drafts of stories or op-eds on spec. In any pitch to Bustle, please include the following:
- 1-2 sentences about your writing background and links to a few relevant clips
- A sample headline
- A 2-3 sentence summary of the piece
- Sources you know you have access to and any other research or pre-reporting you've done on the topic
- Why this story is relevant now and why it’s a good fit for the Bustle audience
- Your plan for photos, if applicable
- Your standard rate
In general, we’ll consider timely first-person pieces and personal essays, experiments and trials, and interviews and profiles. We’ll also consider reported, conversation-making feature ideas about fashion and beauty, lifestyle (incorporating health and wellness, sex and relationships, tech and social media trends, and astrology), and entertainment (incorporating film, TV/streaming services, music, celebrity, and books). We do not accept evergreen listicles, market or trend roundups, how-to pieces, watch lists, or news stories pegged to studies or viral trends.
For lifestyle pitches, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; for fashion and beauty pitches, e-mail email@example.com; for entertainment pitches, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was originally published on